- Remove the battery and power.
- Remove the two screws holding the bumper shell in place and remove it.
- Carefully peel up the sticker with the control buttons on it. This sticker is actually the control panel. There is a data cable attached to it just below the "Clean" button. Be careful not to break it!
- Clean the surface under the sticker with some isopropyl alcohol. (I didn't actually have to do this, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.)
- Gently replace the "sticker" (i.e. control panel) and make sure it's completely flat.
- Check to see if it works again. If not, repeat.
- Replace the bumper shell and screws.
Scooba Stuck In Diagnostic Mode
This morning, I turned on my Scooba and it started beeping a scale of tones and blinking all its lights in sequence. After an hour or so of resetting, cleaning, disassembling, researching, and scratching my head, I stumbled across the solution on Roomba Review. But, for me at least, it was even easier than all of that. I don't have any of my own pictures for this procedure, but it's pretty straight forward.