So, what's new?
- Wake lock support added. It's now possible to have your scripts continue running when the phone tries to sleep.
- Location APIs now return location data from all available providers (i.e. network, gps, etc.)
- Wifi APIs added for scanning and retrieving access points.
- Added API for getting a list of all applications that are launchable via the launch API.
- Added support for launching scripts in the background from Locale.
- Changed callNumber API to automatically URL encode numbers (i.e. now it should "just work" ™)
- Fixed general bugginess of Bluetooth support.
- No more deadlocks.
- Bigger rows in device listing.
- Fixed occasional activity hangs when network connections are poor.
- Fixed missing id field in error results.
- Fixed list results being returned as strings.
- Fixed Locale plugin.
- Fixed broken TTS support.
- Fixed broken sendEmail API.
- Fixed crash when importing incorrectly formatted scripts via QR code.
- Fixed race condition that occasionally caused dialog APIs to fail.
Under the covers:
- Significantly improved result serialization which now works for nested result types.
- Replaced FutureIntent with the more flexible FutureResult.
In the works:
- Improved Perl support.
- Still working on distributing interpreters as APKs separately from ASE.
Visit the ASE project page to download the latest APK.